- Idea Publications
- B2015 Learning Portal
- Ad+DEd Value Learning Portal
About IDEA’s Development Education Database of Training (DE DoT)
Welcome to DE DoT. Here you can find opportunities to learn more about development education. DE DoT is a list of current training opportunities throughout the whole island of Ireland offered by members of IDEA. You can also search our list of Freelance Educators if you are looking for someone to facilitate a workshop, design a longer programme or undertake a piece of DE consultancy. Whether you are new to development education or are seeking to develop your skills and knowledge in a particular aspect of it you will find something of value in our Database.
The aim of DE DoT is to highlight and promote the many diverse learning opportunities offered by IDEA members. In this way, people involved in Development Education in Ireland can continually develop their practice in new and innovative ways. IDEA has over 80 members who range from large NGOs to small community-based projects to individuals. Currently the Database is only open to IDEA members to submit trainings.
How to Use De DoT
To Find a Training Opportunity
In the menu on the right hand side of the page (entitled “In This Section”) you will find a list of options.
- Click on “Find a Training” to bring you to the page where all the training opportunities are listed.
- At the top are three drop down menus which allow you to search for a training. You can search by location, the type of course (e.g. evening class or weekend course) or the general topic (e.g. development theory or DE methods). You can use just one of the menus if you prefer, for example if you wish to search just by location.
- Click the “Apply” button below to make your search. You will be shown a list of training articles that match your criteria. You can click on one item to read the full article, including links to the providers’ website. Alternatively you can scroll through the list of trainings and click on one that interests you to see the full article. All trainings are listed according to when they were entered with the most recently entered at the top.
To Post a Training Article
IDEA members are invited to post articles about their trainings. To do so follow these simple steps:
- Log-in and Register as a Training provider. If you already have a username and password for the IDEA website you should login first.
- You will be asked to fill in a short form with your contact details. These should be the details of the person responsible for training in your organisation.
- When you are happy with your profile click “Save”. Your account will be approved by IDEA staff within 2 days. You only need to fill this form in once.
- After this, anytime you login to the website you will see a new menu called "Manage Your Account". In this menu click on "Add a Training Course" to create your training article for the Database.
- Again you will be directed to a page with a number of fields where you can enter the information you want. You can add your own logo if you wish. You can also add images to the main Description of your training. When you are finished entering your details you can click “Preview” or “Save” at the bottom of the page to see your published training article.
Search for Freelance Educators:
- Click on the link in the right-hand menu of this page "List of Freelance Educators"
- You can search by name- enter first, second or both names.
- You can also search by educational sector.