IDEA is governed by its members, through the Annual General Meeting which elects a Board of Directors known as the National Council to lead the organisation on behalf of its members. As the main decision making body of the organisation, the National Council sets the strategy for IDEA and the implementation is delegated to the staff team.
Every full organisational or individual member is entitled to vote and to be on the National Council.
The current National Council includes:
- Alison Alldred
- Maria Barry - Interim Chair
- Valerie Duffy
- Stephen Farley - Staff Liaison
- Mary McCarthy
- Stephen McCloskey - Company Secretary
- Siobhán Sleeman - Vice-Chair
- Ciarán Stewart - Treasurer