IDEA Members enjoy unique access to a network of like-minded organisations working in development education. IDEA Members benefit from a range of services, supports and discounts. Everyone working in a member organisation can avail of these offerings.
By working together, sharing resources and knowledge, members develop new skills and enhance their overall capacity and effectiveness to shape and influence the national and international policy environment. IDEA offers a variety of ways for members to engage, including through Working Groups, representation on the National Council and participating in the many events and trainings taking place throughout the year.
What Members Say About IDEA:
- "IDEA is well structured, organised and visible. It delivers a huge range of capacity building services for the sector. Its staff competencies are second to none. It is accessible and friendly. What more could we want!"
- "IDEA has become a real representative voice for DE; it is liaising effectively with Irish Aid both at a funding and at a policy level. It provides a wide range of supports for members to encourage a professional DE sector."
- "Through attending IDEA events, we have kept up to date with what others in the sector are doing, found partners for delivering projects and also shared practice. Our membership in IDEA is hugely valuable to us as a DE organisation."
- "Delighted that there is an organisation like IDEA---thank you."
Some of the services IDEA Members benefit from include:
- Our fortnightly E-Circular, informing you of all upcoming IDEA events, training opportunities, funding and job opportunities.
- Regular email contact in relation to events and training opportunities specific to your sector.
- Access to the IDEA online member-only space, including document-sharing and discussion fora.
- Promotion of your organisation through our website listing of members
- Free or reduced rates to IDEA events and trainings
- Opportunities to network and meet with other development education organisations
- Opportunities to contribute to the work of IDEA through our National Council and our Working Groups
- Representation on your behalf to policy makers and funding bodies
To apply, simply fill in the online form. We will notify you when your application has been received. When it has been approved we will invoice you for the appropriate amount.
To renew your IDEA membership you can log in to the website using your IDEA username and password and then proceed to the online renewal form. You can pay online or simply renew and let us know how you intend to pay.