IDEA AGM and Annual Conference 2017
Start Date: 08/06/2017 End Date: 08/06/2017
Event Location: Wood Quay Venue, Dublin City Council Civic Offices, Wood Quay, Dublin 8
AGM: 9.30 - 11.15
Conference: 11.30 - 4.30
Post-Conference Social: 4.30 - 6.00
In 2015 we celebrated the global multilateral process to create the Sustainable Development Goals and Paris Accord, but since then the international context has changed significantly. To reflect this the theme for the IDEA Annual Conference 2017 is Global Citizenship in a Time of Isolationism.
Our Keynote this year is Mohamedou Ould Slahi, author of Guantánamo Diary, who was held in the Guantánamo Bay Detention Camp without charge or trial for fourteen years (he will be joining us via weblink).
This will be followed by a panel discussion exploring related issues, led by:
- Ruadhán Mac Cormaic, Foreign Affairs Correspondent, Irish Times
- Suzanne Keatinge, CEO, Dóchas
- Shaun O'Boyle, Science Communicator & Co-Chair of March for Science Ireland
- Valerie Duffy, Development Education & UN Youth Delegate Programme Coordinator, National Youth Council of Ireland
There will also be a range of workshops that will give participants practical tools and approaches that can be used in their day-to-day work, including:
- Compassion in Education, led by Caroline Murphy, Children in Crossfire
- The Power of Storytelling, led by Bobby McCormack, Development Perspectives
- Leave No One Behind, led by Pierre Klein, All Together in Dignity Ireland
- IDEA Members’ Consultation, led by Alasdhair Collins, DP Evaluation
- Members: €40 (2 for 1 offer)
- Non-Members: €60
- Students/unwaged: €10
Join us to explore how Development Educators can, through their work and in partnership with others, strengthen global citizenship in a time of growing isolationism, protectionism, and xenophobia around the world.