Summer Series: How to Podcast & Tell Audio Stories
Start Date: 17/06/2019 End Date: 17/06/2019
Event Location: Windmill Lane Recording Studios, 20 Ringsend Road, Dublin 4
As part of our summer series, IDEA is running a workshop on How to Podcast & Tell Audio Stories, Monday, 17 June, 10.00am - 4.30pm, Windmill Lane Recording Studios, 20 Ringsend Road, Dublin 4.
In this one day workshop, award winning content makers Helen Shaw and John Howard, of Athena Media, will take you through a podcasting 101 session on what you need to set up a podcast. They will help you understand how to find and tell audio stories, how to record, and how to use simple edit tools, as well as how to release your stories online in an easy and cost effective manner.
You will cover:
- What's a podcast? And why do we love them?
- What are the most popular formats and genres?
- What do you need to get started? You will be shown hand held recorders like Zoom H4 and introduced to sound recording, microphones and setting up a mini studio.
- How do you find and tell audio stories?
- How do you shape an interview?
- You will be introduced to Audacity and the basics of thinking about editing.
- How do you release and host your podcast? You will be introduced to platforms like Anchor which distribute your podcast to 10 platforms including Spotify and iTunes.
- Why you still need visual content for audio stories and how to think about your website working with your podcast.
- You become a publisher when you release a podcast so what are the legal and consent issues you need to be aware of?
- Content management, monitoring and measuring the success of your podcast.
- Marketing and social media
- Wrap and recap.
At the end of the one day workshop session you should have a clear understanding of podcasting and the basic tools and techniques needed to create one.
This workshop is open to IDEA members only.
Cost is €30 (€50 for 2 people from the same organisation) and €10 for unwaged or student members. Lunch is included.
Places are limited and will be allocated on a first come, first serve basis.
Please Note Address: venue is NOT on Windmill Lane but at 20 Ringsend Road.
To register please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.