Workshop: Getting beyond the click - tackling fake news through Dev Ed & human rights education
Start Date: 29/08/2018 End Date: 29/08/2018
Event Location: IDEA Office, 6 Gardiner Row, Dublin 1.
Join us for Getting beyond the click - a workshop on tackling fake news through Development Education and Human Rights Education, Wednesday, 29 August 2018, 11.00am-1.00pm, in the IDEA Office.
The session will be led by Tony Daly, co-author of #BeyondTheClick: a toolkit for global digital citizenship, and co-ordinator of 80:20 Educating and Acting for a Better World.
The 2-hour workshop will include:
- Introducing #BeyondTheClick – highlights for educators from Development Education and human rights education perspectives
- Testing subject-specific connections to issues such as i) sources of information; ii) what makes information reliable; iii) engaging in digital communities; iv) the internet as a marketplace of ideas and advertising, of ideas, interests and worldviews, and where we fit in
- Practical hands-on learning scenarios with a focus on building strong digital communities for change
- Linking to the Sustainable Development Goals, human rights education and agendas for activism
- Applied curriculum linking, including to Politics and Society, junior cycle statements of learning, Brighter Outcomes, Brighter Futures and more.
Workshop participants will also avail of a free poster from the toolkit based on The 10 Elements of Global Digital Citizenship drawn out of the toolkit.
To register contact email@example.com
About the project
#BeyondTheClick was developed by 80:20 Educating and Acting for a Better World in collaboration with the Edmund Rice Centre for Justice and Community Education, Concern Worldwide and the Irish Development Education Association, published in 2018: https://toolkit.8020.ie