Children in Crossfire: Educating the Heart Residential Course
Relevant Tags: development education
Children in Crossfire is running a 2 day TIDAL residential course 25-26 October at Emmaus Centre, Swords, Dublin.TIDAL refers to ‘Teachers in Development and Learning, and it is a well-established CPD training programme and Open College Network (OCN) Level 3 qualification.
TIDAL: Educating the Heart supports teachers to cultivate compassionate global citizenship, and provides teachers with practical and innovative teaching and learning strategies which enable them to:
- Explore global development issues and actions to address these
- Promote pupil voice by involving them in the learning and global citizenship actions
- Support pupils’ wellbeing, personal and emotional development
- Develop empathy amongst pupils
- Develop pupils as critical thinkers
- Develop pupils’ critical literacy skills
- Develop pupils’ creativity and imagination
- Develop a growth mindset amongst pupils
- Develop confidence and skills to address controversial issues with pupils
- Develop ethics and human values within young people
It is designed to be fully integrated into the already existing timetable of the school, and it is intended to enhance and enrich already existing programmes you might be implementing in your school.
Children in Crossfire are inviting you to send a number of your teachers to the training and, to enable this, they are offering sub-cover to the value of €145.000 per day for up to 3 teachers per school.
Find out more by contacting Donna McFeely via email@example.com.