IDEA National Council: Company Secretary
Relevant Tags: No tags were found.
The IDEA National Council is looking to co-opt a National Council member that can provide specific skills and expertise required to fulfil our governance function, in the role of Company Secretary. The Company Secretary’s role involves:
- Advising the board and Chair on all governance matters;
- Ensuring IDEA complies with and fulfils all of its statutory obligations, including making annual returns and filing appropriate documentation with the Companies Registration office and Charities Regulator;
- Ensuring all board procedures are complied with and that the NC conducts its duties in accordance with the highest standards of governance;
- Maintaining familiarity with legal documents (M&A, by-laws, etc.) to note applicability during meetings;
- Administrative functions of the board, including: maintaining records of NC meetings and circulating minutes within 7 days of the meeting; following up on actions; maintaining records of all AGMs;
- Monitoring changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and advising the NC on legal, governance, accounting implications and appropriate actions;
- Being accessible by all NC members and supporting positive information flow within and between the NC and Senior Management.
The National Council would particularly welcome applicants for the role of Company Secretary with skills/experience in some of the following areas:
- Legal expertise;
- Knowledge of company law, charity law and the regulatory environment in Ireland;
- Governance experience, including experience as a Board member;
- Prior experience as a company secretary;
- Senior management experience;
- A commitment to IDEA’s mission and vision and to the values of Development Education
Full description of the role is available here.
Interested candidates should apply with a covering letter and CV to the Chair of IDEA, c/o IDEA, 6 Gardiner Row, Dublin 1, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org