IDEA Members enjoy unique access to a network of like-minded organisations working in Development Education. IDEA Members benefit from a range of services, supports and discounts. Everyone working in a member organisation can avail of these offerings.
By working together, sharing resources and knowledge, members develop new skills and enhance their overall capacity and effectiveness to shape and influence the national and international policy environment. IDEA offers a variety of ways for members to engage, including through Working Groups, representation on the National Council and participating in the many events and trainings taking place throughout the year.
Benefits of IDEA membership
Training and development:
- Access a range of needs focused trainings and events on:
- Development Education knowledge and skills (e.g. graphic facilitation, design thinking)
- Quality and Impact (e.g. monitoring and articulating the results of your work)
- Organisational Management (e.g. funding applications, governance)
- Enjoy these opportunities at a members’ (reduced) rate or free of charge.
- Contribute to the development of our new Code of Good Practice for Development Education (due to be launched in 2019)
Advocacy and representation:
- Advocate on behalf of the DE sector with policy makers and funding bodies at a national and international level
- Advocate for the central role of development education within the Sustainable Development Goals nationally and internationally
- Input into strategic opportunities for IDEA members to engage and contribute towards policy for the DE sector
Communications and promotion:
- Play your part in creating a strong voice for Development Education with wider audiences in Ireland and beyond
- Stay up-to-date with what’s happening in the sector and other relevant news and opportunities through the fortnightly E-Circular on upcoming IDEA events, training opportunities, funding and job opportunities.
- Promote your work to a wider audience via IDEA’s Social Media, E-Circular, and website.
Support and networking:
- Receive support and advice from IDEA staff
- Join IDEA’s working groups on Formal Education, Community Sector, and Quality & Impact, or set one up on a topic you think is important
- Access the IDEA online member-only space, including document and resource-sharing
What Members Say About IDEA:
- "IDEA is well structured, organised and visible. It delivers a huge range of capacity building services for the sector. Its staff competencies are second to none. It is accessible and friendly. What more could we want!"
- "IDEA has become a real representative voice for DE; it is liaising effectively with Irish Aid both at a funding and at a policy level. It provides a wide range of supports for members to encourage a professional DE sector."
- "Through attending IDEA events, we have kept up to date with what others in the sector are doing, found partners for delivering projects and also shared practice. Our membership in IDEA is hugely valuable to us as a DE organisation."
- "Delighted that there is an organisation like IDEA---thank you."
To apply, simply fill in the online form. We will notify you when your application has been received. When it has been approved we will invoice you for the appropriate amount.
To renew your IDEA membership you can log in to the website using your IDEA username and password and then proceed to the online renewal form. You can pay online or simply renew and let us know how you intend to pay.