What We Do
IDEA’s aim is to support and advance Development Education in Ireland and internationally.
The work we do involves:
- Advocacy and Policy – Advocating for global citizenship, and the central role of Development Education in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals to national and international policymakers
- Capacity Development - Strengthening and expanding members’ capacity to deliver good practice Development Education through workshops, seminars, events, and resources
- Code of Good Practice for Development Education - supporting our members to strengthen and articulate their own good practice through the use of self-assessment tools and learning support from IDEA
- Partnerships - Developing new ways of working through partnership and collaboration to strengthen the impact of Development Education
- Communications – Building awareness of Development Education with new audiences and acting as an information hub for the sector