IDEA engages with policy-makers at national, European, and international level to call for the integration of Development Education into their strategies and policies, and to increase strategic investment in the sector.
IDEA members engage directly with policy makers through IDEA’s policy work and Task Groups representing Formal Education, the Adult and Community sector, and the Youth Sector. This has enabled them to input into processes such as the Global Education Network Europe (GENE) review of Development Education in Ireland in 2015, see report here, and the Irish Aid Development Education Strategy 2017 – 2023.
IDEA also supports our members’ engagement in the policy-making process, through working together to develop policy positions and policy research. The following is a selection of recent policy submissions made by IDEA in collaboration with its members.
- IDEA Pre-Budget 2021 Submission
- IDEA Submission to the European Semester National Reform Programme 2020
- IDEA Submission to the NCCA - Public Consultation on Post Primary Senior Cycle Review 2019
- IDEA Pre-Budget Submission 2019
- IDEA Submission on Irish Aid White Paper Consultation 2018
- IDEA Submission on Ireland’s National Implementation Plan for the Sustainable Development Goals 2017
- IDEA Submission to the Joint Committee on Foreign Affairs and Trade and Defence October 2017 - Review of the Irish Aid programme
- IDEA Submission to Citizens' Assembly on Climate Change 2017
- IDEA Formal Education Working Group Submission to the NCCA consultation on Draft Guidelines on Wellbeing in Junior Cycle 2016
- IDEA Submission to the GENE Review 2015
- Adult and Community Education Task Group Submission to the GENE Review 2015
- Formal Education Task Group Submission to the GENE Review 2015
- Youth Task Group Submission to the GENE Review 2015
- Quality & Impact Working Group Submission to the GENE Review 2015
- Department of Education and Skills Statement of Strategy Submission Oct 2014
- Review of Ireland's Foreign Policy, 2014
- IDEA Formal Education Working Group CSPE Short Course Submission
- National Strategy for Education for Sustainable Development, 2013
- Submission to Broadcasting Authority of Ireland, 2013
- Development Education and Global Development Beyond 2015: Position Paper
- IDEA Formal Education Working Group Submission to the Teaching Council consultation on Cosán