IDEA works to increase public understanding of Development Education by illustrating what Development Education is about. For example by:
- engaging the public in campaigns exploring Development Education
- hosting an Annual Conference for anyone interested in Development Education
- conducting, sharing or participating in research
We illustrate the work of the Development Education sector in Ireland and internationally by
- showcasing good practice development education
- developing good practice Guidelines with our members
- telling our European and International partners about Irish development education
Our annual 'Development Education in Ireland Report' provides information about the sector.
Our three-year EC-funded project, “Challenging the Crisis” aimed to engage the public and young people in particular in local and global justice issues despite the austerity across Europe
We illustrate through our public events and communications key themes and concerns of Development Education and IDEA, eg. Global justice, interdependence, inequality, human rights, participation, universalism.